Sassolo, Italy – August 23: Napoli head coach Antonio Conte looks ahead of the Serie A match between the US Sassolo Calcio and SSC Napoli at Mapey Stadium Sitta del Tricoloa in Sassolo, Italy on August 23, 2025. (Photo: Alessandro Sabattini/Getty Images)
Antonio Conte has brought the card close to his chest when it comes to Napoli’s future Serie a Fiorentina, but he has revealed that he has two options to replace the injured Amir Ramani, who played in all team’s league matches last season.
Serie A Action follows an international break this weekend in September, when Napoli will face Tuscan Fiorentina before hosting Manchester City in their first Champions League match in two seasons on Thursday.
Speaking at a pre-game press conference on Friday afternoon, Conte provided updates on player availability, including star signing Kevin de Bruin and new centre forwards Rasmus Hoilund and Lorenzo Lucca.
Conte by Rrahmani, Lucca, Hojlund, Elmas, and De Bruyne

But first, Conte was asked who could replace Lulamani, who was removed from the Fiorentina conflict after being injured during his international duties. Kosovo International began with all Serie A matches last season and was only dropped out 90 minutes ago on one such opportunity.
“He’s a big absence and played 38 games out of 38 games last year,” Conte said. “He is a vital player on this team, but as I said before, in addition to playing every three days, at International, there is a much higher risk of injury.

“We tried to prepare for this kind of unforeseen situation in the transfer market. Beukema has come in. We also got Marianucci. Starting tomorrow we’ll have the opportunity to see them on the pitch.
“Apart from De Bruyne, the people we brought have always said we need to reach out to us in the present and be prepared to be certain of the future.”
Conte was asked on behalf of Fantacalcio Managers. New signature Lorenzo Lucca was asked if there would be an opportunity for the new signature to play in advance, in the absence of Romelu Lukaku, who is probably not expected to return from injury until December.
“Don’t worry,” replied Conte. “We are already under external pressure. “Do you think we’re listening to fantasy football?”
Conte was then asked about the status of new signatures Hozilund and Elziv Elmas, who came at the end of the summer transfer period.

“They are also involved in their national team,” Comte replied. “So I’m a player who sees them doing well and is ready to play. The more time you have to work with, the more improvements you’ll inevitably need, but it’s necessary soon.”
There were also questions about Alessandro Buongiorno, who did not leave with the Italian national team in September despite appearing in an international break match in Naples’ final Serie.

“Alessandro had surgery in the summer. He’s recovered. I sent him on the pitch against Cagliari, and he worked for two weeks, but now he’s ready to play.
“He’s been off the pitch for quite some time, but he’s not starting for a long time, but all of this is a new cycle of matches and there are so many of them that you don’t have to turn head-on.”
Post navigation